I want to cancel my user-id

I want to cancel my user-id to DLN completely, there are too many participating snowflakes and I don’t intend to support a community of snowflakes. Please show me how to delete my user-id.

1. Click your face.
  2. Click your username.
  3. Go to Preferences.
  4. Click Delete My Account.

I’ll post a screencast later.

EDIT: Man, I could have sworn that is how it worked. Sorry for the bad information.

I’m intrigued by “snowflakes”… I’m more used to seeing that term aaplied to SJWs and the “I’m looking for something to be offended about” brigade. It’s your right to delete/cancel your account but before you go could you tell me where these “snowflakes” are posting (I’m serious, I’m not trying to be a smartarse - for a change)?.

1 Like

Of course this is up to you and I will delete your account if you choose this.

However, I am curious what you mean by your claim against this community. Please clarify.

Whether or not BertN45 agrees with me, here’s my take:

BertN45 was flagged twice “by the community” for what appeared to be somewhat benign comments during a heated debate and they’ve stayed “ignored” since then:

Why isn't the Snap Store open source?

I don’t know how many flags it takes for that to happen but I suspect it’s just one.

For this to be an inclusive atmosphere people must be allowed to debate even if it gets a little heated without the fear of being flagged (obviously within reason).

@BertN45 if i’m right you should have brought this issue to an admin first and whomever flagged you should apologize for misuse of the flagging system. Maybe give it a few days, I think you should stay.

2 Likes

If DLN allows to use flagging as a weapon during a discussion, I’m out. I’ll follow your advice and wait a few days and see what happens.

2 Likes

See the email of Ulfnic on the subject. I even deleted my remark related to the first complaint, basically I said something like: “You stopped the discussion, because you lost.” Basically a statement of a somewhat unpleasant fact. I think you used some more words to reach the same type of conclusion yourself.
Repeating my reply to Ulfnic:
If DLN allows to use flagging as a weapon during a discussion, I’m out. I’ll follow your advice and wait a few days and see what happens.

I’ve been tremendously humbled by a mod position today, i’m a DLN contributor (to a small degree) and listening to Michael this community should be a thriving place for discussion.

All flags have been removed, you have my promise i’ll always try to protect free discussion with a large amount of breathing room.

I feel if people don’t have the opportunity to learn how to work things out with each other it’s bad news for everyone but sometimes a mod can help if things go a bit too far.

1 Like

I did not build this forum software. I am just learning it has a weight system for flagging. I think your reaction was jumping to conclusions next time please ask for clarification.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say repeatedly calling someone a “Zealot” and someone that “lacks common sense” is particularly benign :wink:

I find it amusing though that people who throw around the word snowflake as a pejorative are usually the first to throw their toys out of the pram when something happens they don’t like :joy:

Ah well, I guess self-isolation is getting to people already, and it’s only the first week!

This place will be like Mad Max in 18 months by the time a vaccine is developed and distributed :joy:

1 Like

Zealot and common sense are valid arguments in a discussion. Zealot is an old fashioned word for fanboy. They are not even insults. You can insult me in a discussion, I don’t care! I’m a man and I can defend myself. What I always hated in a discussion also during my primary school years, if one of the parties went to the head master and complained there.
I would get furious, if I did not get a chance by the head master to explain and defend myself. That is more or less what happened. DLN tells you, you got flagged and you have one chance to correct the text and if you get flagged again, the text will be deleted.
I’m accused without any chance to defend myself, my accuser has been given all the power. That is, why I got angry and I wanted to leave DLN.
In the mean time the situation has been handled correctly by DLN, so I’m happy again. I hope they will improve the flagging process.

1 Like

See when I see zealot I think of the religious nutjob, hell and damnation type of zealot :joy:

From Webster’s Dictionary:

Definition of zealot

1 : a zealous person especially : a fanatical partisan a religious zealot

2 capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century a.d. and militantly opposing the Roman domination of Palestine

Definition of fanboy

: a boy or man who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something

They seem pretty synonymous to me.