How many (and optionally which) devices do you have and which OSes are they running?

At home:
Sony Vaio Pro 14 running Xubuntu 19.10
HP Microserver N54L gen 7 running Lubuntu circa 2014 (desperately need to change that) doing NAS etc duty
Raspberry Pi 3 running Kodi
Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian not being used at all yet
Phone is Nextbit Robin running LineageOS 16 (stability issues though, need to install 15).

At work
i7 based desktop running Fedora 30 XFCE spin
Trying to decide on a laptop but probably be a ThinkPad X1 carbon with something RPM-based on it
iPhone 7 spit

1 Like

Acer Aspire 5 A515-41G-T48Q : Pop!_OS 19.10
Daily driver, mostly gaming

Casper VIA A1 (Gionee s6 pro) : Android 7.0, Debian via linux deploy.
Using for boinc crunching, http and ftp file hosting. sits at charge 7/24.

Samsung a20 : Android 9.0, Arch linux via linux deploy
Daily driver

1 Like

Finally done it, ordered a Pinebook Pro, so hopefully I’ll be adding that to my list of devices soon!

1 Like

Main machine is a laptop with manjaro i3, and I have 3 more just laying around for the kids and family to use. A macbook pro with macos by the couch seems to be the more popular one, and the others are running xubuntu 18.04.

2 raspberry pis in use with retropie, and pihole, a nvidia shield with android, my phone with Lineage and no gapps.
2 more pis not being used at the moment.

Natwork being run by Advanced Tomato.

1 Like

I think I’ve found you problem. Install something like Pop!_OS or Manjaro and they’ll want to use the Linux Machines more. It’s all about the pretty for normal users!

1 Like

Here at my compound ( a typical Southern California postage stamp-size lot) I run:
My family phones are all android.
I read on my Amazon Fire HD, my wife has one also for her Farmville (I know, I know).
I have a Chrome Book, a Dell 2-in-1 (I still haven’t broken away from Google, but I bought this with hoping of putting a real Linux distro on it.
My son runs Windows 10, I can’t get him over to Linux for gaming.
My 8 year old Acer laptop runs Manjaro Gnome .
My Thinkpad T520 is running Manjaro I3 (I couldn’t get Arch running so I went back to Manjaro)

On the I3 this is my second attempt, the first attempt was about 2 weeks on ArcoLinux. I’m just trying to learn something different, for me that’s part of the Linux Journey.

1 Like

The mac sold today, so now there’s only Linux machines.

2 Likes

Well that’ll help out a lot

I’ve looked at these a dozen times and always think they are interesting. How has your experience been?

I think the little box is pretty good but there is one thing I don’t like, the fan. It gets pretty loud at times on the i7 model. The i5 runs much cooler from what I understand.

Also, ClearOS runs quite badly on the NUC which I find ironic. Both are built by Intel. Ubuntu, Fedora, Opensuse and Arch are run MUCH smoother on it.

2 Likes

Yep. Installed Elementary on a laptop today, and it’s in use as I type from the other end of the couch.

1. Server running Ubuntu 18.04
  2. Gaming desktop running Focal Fossa
  3. Lenovo Yoga Chromebook midnight blue (Chrome OS)
  4. Acer Chromebook 315 (Chrome OS)
  5. Fusion5 android tablet
1 Like