How do you like your coffee? Also feel free to post your favorite coffee mug

Myself, black. I grind it fresh (medium-roasted beans), and make it espresso-style with an Aeropress. I’ve got a Zebra stainless steel mug with a sealing lid.

I apologize if you only find this tangentally-related to Linux, but there is a strong coffee theme found all over the place in the Linux world. :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: Nice Linux4Everyone mugs are for sale, BTW. @JasonEvangelho , that was a plug for your show. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dominican Santo Domingo from an Ajit Pai sized tux mug!

1 Like

I like my ‘coffee’ as TEA, (Yorkshire tea or Tetley’s preferably, forget that PG Tips stuff). My current favourite mug is…

3 Likes

I also have a Zebra:
(I keep mine at work, but here’s a pic of the exact same mug…)

2 Likes

I prefer espresso made the old school way with a caffettiera or in English moka pot. Right now my coffee is a Mexican-Indian mix of Arabica and Robusta. You cannot obtain a real espresso because the pressure is too low but the coffee is full bodied.

2 Likes

Black. My palate has not developed beyond the point of being able to distinguish “Folger’s” from “good coffee.”

3 Likes

I like my coffee, tea. I’m naturally a bit too buzzed so I like a nice decaf herbal tea to calm me down. Got this mug with a training course recently, and I dig it.

2 Likes

My cousin bought me a Yeti mug and it is very impressive. It takes me hours to drink a cup of coffee and it stays hot for that long (and warm for much longer). Not something I would have ever bought for myself but it’s pretty neat.

1 Like

Ever since my wife’s grandfather got his first Yeti, they’ve become staples at family gift-giving occasions. My sister-in-law even does custom acrylic designs on them for everyone.

1 Like

I make black, freshly ground, french press coffee. Unfortunately I have been drinking expensive beans and french press for so long that my pallette find cheap drip coffee sub par. I like the french press because I can make it with high coffee flavor, and less caffeine.

1 Like

Then do not change. :wink: There is no way I will drink subpar coffee.

1 Like

Whenever I can manage it, I prefer “3rd wave” coffee, which is a lighter roast bean. It has a citrusy taste (which is roasted out of it as soon is it’s medium roast or darker) still in the coffee, and has a different kind of buzz. It’s kind of this lighter, cleaner sort of buzz. A bit less “grouch factor”.

I’m in a place right now however, where this isn’t available and it’s a bit of a letdown. But oh well.

1 Like

It just cost a bit more.