Hardware Addicts 17: Dreaming Of The Perfect Laptop Hardware & Enhance Images With Flash

2 Likes

Dreaming Of The Perfect Laptop Hardware & Enhance Images With Flash -
I have to jump in here and comment. Loved the show. My perfect laptop…
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE…give me a Linux based alternative to the Microsoft Surface Pro. Have it sport an AMD Ryzen Processor with AMD Graphics. 1TB or larger NVMe SSD. 32GB of RAM. When the keyboard is connected, give me a full KDE Plasma Desktop. With no input devices connected (keyboard\mouse), give me a tablet friendly interface and the ability to run Android Apps. Battery life needs to be a minimum of 8 hours. I don’t think I will ever see such a device.

1 Like

I’m not really fussed about the internals of my dream laptop, but I want it to have ports… all of them. HDMI, DP, and VGA for display out; line in/out (aka. Courage Jacks); three each of USB type A and C; Ethernet, and eSATA just for kicks…

1 Like

I enjoyed the dream laptop banter, but came through needing. If I was looking to snag a new (my current daily driver is a 2009 MacBook Pro) AMD based notebook and leave the late 2000s, what is the “best” mobile offering from AMD in the current world we live in, and what company puts it in a Linux compatible package?