Hardened Chromium Browser Coming?

Anyone familiar with this project? It looks interesting.

https://hexavalent.org/

1 Like

That docs page looks promising.

1 Like

“Site sandbox is strengthened by way of finer-grained origin isolation, improving on the current eTLD+1 isolation to mitigate real speculative execution exploits targeting sites that aren’t sufficiently cross-origin isolated.”

This right here would be the thing that would make me want to use it. I hate firefox these days, but I love their container tabs, so a chromium browser with them would be awesome.

2 Likes

Definitely interesting. Firefox is giving me issues on some sites that I use but I love my container tabs.

3 Likes

I do love my container tabs on Firefox. I also appreciate how much better it is about memory consumption than most other browsers. That said, I do, absolutely hope that there is a hardened Chromium based browser coming. the more of this sort of thing, the better.

2 Likes

I’m doing multi-profiles with chromium so my “container tabs” are separate windows that are colored differently. That may be a solution for you. It’s really helped with not making mistakes, that’s my one gripe with the otherwise excellent container tabs.

1 Like

Chromium profiles you say. I will have to check that out. Thanks.