Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

Soul Caliber VI
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

1 Like

Planetside 2 works with Proton GE and the Proton Battleye runtimes installed

Now we just need someone to get Tex Murphy: Overseer working! It’s the only one in the series that doesn’t work :wink:

Hades
Proton 6.21.GE-1
No configuration needed

The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

The King of Fighters XIV Steam Edition
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

Tekken 7
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

Deus X : Mankind Divided
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

Project Cars 2
Proton 6.21-GE-1
No configuration needed

1 Like

My GPU when I try to run this game: “I never asked for this.”

2 Likes

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition
Now works with no configuration required using Proton-6.21-GE-2.
A launch option was previously required to fix the games audio, but that seems to have been patched in a recent version of Proton GE.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I had this running on my GTX970 a while back, but now I have a RX5700XT so things are better. i think most of these games are more ram dependant than anything else.

I have an RX 580 4GB and while I can “play” the game, the frame rates are so jagged I could use them to cut down a medium sized tree.

With that kind of game I think the 8GB model would have REALLY helped though I think it’s just a big lack of horsepower too.

1 Like

Good to know I can remove the launch option. Still living Skyrim. Enjoying the new survival mode.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Steam Proton 6.3-1
NO CONFIG NEEDED. . .

Backstory unnecessary read

:smile:
Note: I had “issues” with this title… When I first started in Linux Gaming, this was one of the first titles I purchased, I didn’t look up protondb or anything, I just wanted to play the game on Linux ! A nostalgic game for me and now on my favorite computer set in decades, i was excited ! Steam Proton 3.16-1 was the first prefix i used to play and EVERYTHING worked, This sold me on Linux gaming as a serious platform for gaming outside of Windows. Other games came out, Lutris got better, and this title fell in my pecking order. I removed the install due to space constraints, and this was an after thought. Years past, and I saw this post here and decided, “You know what Let me kick this off with the tried and true game” . Little did I know this was a train wreck. I could not get this game to work no matter what prefix I tried. So I posted all the other games I re-downloaded, and this buggd me. “Why didn’t this work?” I needed to update this particular machine anyway, so I took this time to install steam and this game first. Lo and behold ! It does still work out of the box like the old days. :grinning: My hesitancy with this title to post here was I suspected it didn’t work at all. Proton DB had comments of people saying certain Proton versions broke the game. I went on forums and Discords I had long abandoned to ask “Why wont this work?!” Every one stated, their version still worked Out of the box.

1 Like

I continue my Dragon Age journey with Inquisition (the third opus) and apart the game not closing on exit (needs to shut it off in Steam) everything is flawless.
Proton 5.0-10 (was required for the DA1 & 2 and didn’t change it since), no config needed.

1 Like

Right on! super cool! so here is a list of games that are working well for me. (under proton)
Borderlands 2&3
COD 4 MW the old one
CSGO (native)
Dying Light (native)
GTA V
Shadow of Mordor
Shadow of War
Monster Hunter
Street Fighter V
SkullGirls 2nd Edition
Mordhau
Witcher 3
I really want to get ReVolt working

1 Like

Star Wars Jedi : Survivor
PROTON EXPERIMENTAL | FEDORA 37

2 Likes

Think Revolt is now working.

Fallout New Vegas went on sale recently.
On the Steam Deck it defaults to high settings and runs at a solid 60fps.
The only setting I had to change was the resolution and aspect ratio, since the game defaults to 16x9, and the Deck has a 16x10 screen.

2 Likes

Baldurs Gate 3 runs fabulously on Proton Experimental!! I’m having way too much fun!!

2 Likes

Firewatch works on the second launch, takes away some of the excitement when it works the second time, but that has been my experience with many games launched with proton.

I have a few pauses due to swap memory’ but it is quite smooth when launched in Windowmaker to give it every bit of memory, kde seemed to just be too heavy with less than 3 gb of memory.

I might have missed it, but I didn’t see it while skimming through, but Valheim works without any modification.

1 Like