DLN Xtend 32: Personal Productivity

Link: Linux Out Loud 32: Personal Productivity | DLN Xtend

DLN Xtend 32: Personal Productivity

Good show!

I’d recommend @TheWendyPower to check this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/unfa00 Unfa works for a game company making the music and sounds of the games, and he uses Linux to do it, so the channel has a lot of tutorials and info about music production on Linux.

3 Likes

I agree. @unfa makes a lot of great audio based content on his channel! :smiley:

Awesome, thank you @serjor!

1 Like

Wendy, I heard you say on a recent episode that your daughter wanted to do some music on the computer like the “awesome” OCremix stuff (BTW Tell Matt thanks for that music suggestion). Try sonic pi it is a python like music coding program. I know you home school so you can teach music and coding in one.

Love the Show,
M@

2 Likes

You are welcome for the OCremix recommendation. You can download about 3500 songs of theirs by using their full catalog torrent it is about 20 gigs of music (not hasn’t been updated though in a couple of years)

I had both torrents on my Jellyfin media server within 2 days of hearing that episode. My wife loves http://finalfantasyradio.co/ but it goes down a lot. We both have been loving all the music and most of it is good, I don’t skip that many songs.

Yeah, the songs that OCRemix does are quite good. Like everything, there are a few that from a personal taste POV that I do not enjoy. Got to say, personally for me, one of my favorite tracks is "The Result is Always Death from Shadow Hearts Covenant.

That sounds super awesome! I’ll pass the suggestion on to her.

@TheWendyPower have you considered Mastodon for social media? I know it’s not as mainstream as others (if you’re wanting something for a business presence) however I personally have enjoyed the platform to replace both Twitter and Instagram.

I’d also like to recommend Brother printers. I use monochrome for home prints and have gotten a lot of mileage out of my HL-2280DW. Scanner setup took a little extra configuration and now works just fine via Ubuntu Document Scanner via wireless network. I originally bought this printer in 2013, am at 12,165 pages on the print counter and just recently installed its 6th replacement toner cartridge ($56) and 1st replacement drum ($82). Looks like there’s a new model HLL2395DW going for around $170 new.

1 Like

I’ve never used Mastodon. In looking into it, I wouldn’t know what instance to join!

Thanks for the recommendation! We need to print color as well. Most of the stuff (school wise) in all in black and white. However, there are times when color is a must for cretin projects. That come to the question, do we get a laser printer for the basic day to day stuff and an inkjet for all the other stuff? The worst part about that, besides the extra cost, is room to put both printers.

Agreed @ printers; we don’t use much color so I just send to a local print shop when I do need something colored which is rare enough for us to not matter.

As for Mastodon looks like DLN has an account on https://linuxrocks.online so I’d recommend that instance to check things out :slight_smile:

1 Like