DLN Community Project - Quality Control Platform

What did you two come up with I just got off of work.

Just headed to bed now, long discussion on the GUI, potential survey software, landing page presentation, filtering, form validation, threaded discussion for feedback to aid data sorting, machine info gathering options and more. I need to formalize the notes but kobberholmā€™s a smart guy.

mudlight48 if you want to set a day/time to talk with kobberholm iā€™ll make sure iā€™m available. Weā€™re both on EU time so earlier may be better. Looking forward to talking!

2 Likes

Sounds good. I can work with notes on the discussion if our timezones never match up on availabilty. Then again Im off Friday, Saturday, Sunday so surely we can link up at some point and time.

2 Likes

I would love to help with front end design. I am familiar with HTML, CSS, SASS, CSS Grid, and some JS, but I am a little new to JS, node.js, etc. Anything I can do.

3 Likes

Howā€™s a general meet up Saturday after next sound? We can meet each other and get down some first steps. Everyone welcome!!

2020-08-29T18:00:00Z

Anyone need a different day/time? Just needs to be US/EU compatible.

Lucky to have you, lets kick some butt!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should be good with that. Just moved into a new house, so this weekend would not have worked, but next should work. I can share a blog site I code from scratch to practice if you want to get a sense for my ability. Web design is not my profession, but I want to make a career change and getting the experience will be great.

1 Like

August 29th 2pm eastern ill be there

1 Like

Iā€™d like to join, but I have to be at a wedding that day. Could we move it to a different day?

If not, Iā€™d at least like a recording.

I would definitely like to be part of the testing contingent, as I use Ubuntu in my Sandbox environment(s) for Cyber Threat testing. I can offer a bit of bare metal (laptop), VMWare and offer Cyber Security testing to the mix

aaron b cain AfCIIS, NCSP, CEH

3 Likes

This is a very open project whichā€™ll constantly be gathering people so when thereā€™s meetings iā€™ll keep the forum fully tied in so no oneā€™s missing anything. The problem with moving this one back is DL game night is Sunday and it needs to be on a weekend for US/EU time to work so itā€™d push it back to Sept 5th if it was moved.

As schedules rarely line up I think final decisions should happen on the forum anyway, VOIP is just a handy way to bootstrap proposals quickly but they may completely change after everyoneā€™s had a chance to weigh in. We wonā€™t be moving mountains on a first meeting either way.

One of things I like most about VOIP is not everyoneā€™s comfortable exposing their ā€œnewbnessā€ in posts or a voice recording so it encourages greater openness while the forum still gets to munch on whatā€™s important in the summary afterward.

Heroes will rise and itā€™ll likely be my place to fetch them coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there so anything we talk about I will summarize into notes during the meeting so that everyone can stay on track before we actually start to somewhat make it easy for everyone to participate. Even the ones who canā€™t attend without all the here say in between just the need to know info.

Databases are my specialty (worked at Oracle, teach university, DBA of 5+ years, full-stack development, database consultant) and I have multiple full-stack projects I built myself with quite a few daily users. I love Flask and building APIā€™s on top of my databases. I have tons of Python and Flask experience.

I also know Flutter extremely well. I know itā€™s newer but itā€™s amazing. I have production apps on both iOS and Android with my first production application coming to Linux desktop soon.

As part of this, I would also be willing to train others. With a little direction, any level of programmer would be able to contribute.

I would love to get involved. Just let me know who to talk to.

3 Likes

First VOIP meeting: 2020-08-29T18:00:00Z

Iā€™ll get instructions out on where to VOIP a few days prior.

Summary of information and proposals in that meet will be posted to the forum afterward for further discussion, volunteering, ect till thereā€™s enough agreement to start taking first steps.

1 Like

Sounds like the right direction. Please let me know if you need help with the Flutter project.

Cheers

1 Like

This sounds totally awesome!

Iā€™d love to help if the team will have me. Iā€™ve recently learned the basics of HTML, CSS & JS and need a project to continue my learning (and make myself more hireable to future employersā€¦)

My past occupation was an automechanic, so problem solving is in my blood. Iā€™m currently a welding foreman. Iā€™ve never overseen a digital project, but I handle all kinds of things in my day to day.

I hope I can be of use. Let me know!

1 Like

Fyi to all, Forbes writer @JasonEvangelho joined the ranks of DLN hosts getting the word out with his article. A big thank you to Jason, host of Linux for Everyone

4 Likes

I donā€™t have a ton of technology like HTML specific skills but I can do basic SysAdmin, junior level I guess. But, I have plenty of time and energy to contribute. This is very exciting and I hope I can help! @kobberholm @Ulfnic

This is a a much needed initiative. I would love to help.

Skills:
web dev: Ruby on Rails, Elixir+Phoenix, basic HTML/CSS/JS
databases: PostgreSQL or any relational database, Redis
search: full-text search, Solr, semantic tagging
pm: end-to-end delivery experience, scrum, kanban

@kobberholm I agree, a CRM is overkill/not suitable here. Your list of features looks like a great stating point

@Ulfnic spot on, a good data management model is key here. Once we have a good data model, we can expose it through a rich API which can be used for building UIs, amongst other things

2 Likes

VERY good idea. Iā€™m totally down to testing software on my machine and help with the creation of the platform.Where do I sign up?(EDIT: self-taught front-end dev. Some experience with Node.js,MongoDB,Express,JS,HTML,CSS and mockup design )(EDIT2: can also do basic pentesting)

1 Like