DLN Community Project - Quality Control Platform

Just to double-check. We’re moving the meeting to Monday?

1 Like

Thank you @jakesco, I had it sitting in a draft for a day prior to posting and I think it messed up the time variable. Edit in!

1 Like

Proposed time for meetings (incl. meeting this Sat):

2020-10-03T16:00:00Z (every Sat)

TWinL needed to be moved earlier and Michael won’t be able to attend meetings unless they’re moved 1 hour earlier. It may also make things easier for the UK as some meetings run long.

Any thoughts? time conflicts?

Thank you to Ryan @DasGeek for putting out the call on DL for someone to join the legal part of the team as discussed last meeting.

1 Like

I can make 12.

Some confusion on timing, meetings are every week on Sat (set 1hr earlier since Oct 10th).

Example timing for this meeting: 2020-10-31T17:00:00Z

Meeting format has also changed:

QC: Meetings

They’re now a casual and optional ~30 minute session just to touch base so anyone can be brought up to speed at a guaranteed time.

Direction and collaboration has been offloaded onto Deck, the devops NextCloud, the forum and other platforms as needed.

I wont be able to attend the meeting this week, as my niece is getting baptized on Saturday.

2 Likes

The goal is to offload collaboration/discussion onto NextCloud and DLN Forums with the meetings becoming just a way to celebrate accomplishments and pull everyone together to sharpen focus for the coming week. Optional 30 minutes tops so you won’t be missing much. :slight_smile:

@mudlight48 also made a good observation (aftermeeting before last) that the meetings lack bandwidth, everyone should have room to get their thoughts in without forcing 2hr+ weeklies and trawling through meeting minutes. Big changes coming!

Introducing the QC: SysOps/SecOps thread for objectives, updates, community suggestions, chit chat and more…

Detail needs to be pretty vague when approaching/involving SecOps topics but suggests/recommendations are very welcome and together with @Shaeroit i’m hoping to find ways this can come around to benefit the community in the form of advice and mini-guides.

@Shaeroit is also now helping out with SysOps so a big thank you!

1 Like

Hey there. Going to miss today. Still a lot of cleaning to do for the people that are coming over in a couple of hours. Sorry.

No worries! :slight_smile:

Sat Meetings:

Just a reminder, Sat meetings are casual and short now. They’re an optional but dependable time anyone can stop in to align themselves for the coming week if not already covered on NextCloud Deck, forum threads or direct communication.

Few highlights:

@goldfish92 gave me a good run down on CI/CD DevOps needs and is spearheading an initial deployable frontend that’ll foundationalize future development that we’ll see deployed soon!

@demotep’s forged ahead on initial wireframing.

@jakesco’s uploaded a lshw proof of concept frontend file reader for hardware information gathered in json format.

Thoughts:

After our initial CI/CD gets ironed out and @goldfish92 foundationalizes the frontend we can get into clearer division of frontend labor the team can really sink it’s teeth into. Thank you to everyone for the patience as the rubber’s beginning to hit the road!!

Last meeting:

Love fest for @goldfish92

I got in contact with Michael and @goldfish92 will be gaining the ability to create/maintain repos on the DLN GitLab so he can call the shots directly for faster development and decide people’s roles.

Everyone should get behind Goldfish in making his life as easy and time respecting as possible. He’ll lay things out and the more we can accomplish for him the better. His expertise in DevOps far outweighs my own so i’m looking up to him.

A lot of the basics are nailed down like the liability guidelines, name protectorate, communication platforms, ect, so to quote myself last meeting, “I kind of just want to do what Goldfish says.”

Most people have been busy the past 2 weeks, it’s just that time of year. There’s an initial hump to get over in firing things off but everyone i’m talking to is fired up. We’re in a mish mash of who can do what till that hump is done and then it’ll be all hands on Deck (har).

@demotep and @jakesco again proactively playing with features and ideas that’ll inform the project outcome. Really hope to see this work part of the inital release.

As for me:

2020 being the legend that it is I have to dial back involvement for at least a month while I go job/gig hunting and sort out non-Internet life.

I’ll still be at meetings, helping with communication, access, and doing minor roles till i’m better situated.

Till next week! :slight_smile:

Once we have something usable I would be happy to maybe help make some video content about it, though I understand there are people here who are way more experienced.

1 Like

Sorry for missing the meeting this week (again!). My focus will be on sorting the deployment / dev pipeline this week so we can just push and deploy. Hoping it won’t be too difficult but if I’m hitting a brick wall then assistance and advice around Ansible will be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Timing hasn’t been great for me either so i’m soaking it up @goldfish92 :). I know you’re tying up a lot of loose ends and i’m sure it didn’t help having your Prime minister spring his Yu-Gi-Oh lockdown trap card this week when someone leaked the plans for next week.

Hey there team. Perhaps I am out of the loop, and I know it is the holidays and all, but are we meeting tomorrow? I did not see anyone on last Saturday and now we are one day out from the next meeting and there has not been a post in here for a while. Or are we picking things back up after the holidays?

Last meeting was: 2020-11-21T17:00:00Z

I think you may have been on the old meeting time which was an hour later. I gave the logs a quick check, I was in at 17:00 and I have you at 17:58 GMT+1. I gave the timezone a quick check by getting on mumble and comparing the log time to my time (GMT +1).

No big deal as the meetings are an optional time people can catch up if they’d prefer to do it by voice. No one should need to attend the meetings currently.

Personally i’ve had to dial back involvement temporarily to sort out non-Internet life (if that’s a thing that even exists now :stuck_out_tongue: ) but i’ve been keeping tabs on the common thread, helping communication, giving access, keeping DLN in the loop, ect. I’m beginning to spool back up and have been considering a bold strategy that’ll pull everyone in but stay very humble and pragmatic to what our limitations are and the barriers to easy involvement.

In my abscense @goldfish92 has had everything dumped on him and from the beginning he was very clear about his availability. The expectations placed on him right now are miles above that line and he’s giving beyond his capacity. I need to be back, if nothing else just to help him.

The meetings are still on and i’ll be there 2020-11-28T17:00:00Z, I won’t be able to provide much this weekend but I can detail what’s been happening in the server space and share some of that strategy mentioned above though I have to talk to everyone before something like that would be official.

ok. Thanks for the response. I thought it was moved to 12p EST a while back, and then I logged into the mumble server then and it was empty and I was told it was at 1pm. Then I logged into the meeting at 1pm on the 21st and no one was there. Looks like I missed this week’s as well. No worries. I will look for the meeting notes and catch up that way.

Next meeting is critical, I have important information to share and hard decisions will be made. If anyone can’t make the normal time, please post a date/time you can make which is EU/US compatible.

2020-12-05T17:00:00Z (< 1hr)