DLN Community Poll: Which Distro and Desktop Environment / Window Manager Do You Use? [RE-VOTE ON POLL #2!]

DLN Community Poll: Which Distro and Desktop Environment / Window Manager Do You Use?

Inspired by Wendy’s original thread, DasGeek’s idea for a poll and Michael’s help with curation.

linux-distros

Poll #1: Which Desktop / WM(s) Are You Using?

Poll #2: Which Distro(s) Are You Running?

* If what you’re using isn’t on the poll, please mention it in a comment.

1 Like

Poll #1: Which Desktop / WM(s) Are You Using?

• Awesome
  • Blackbox
  • bspwm
  • Budgie
  • Cinnamon
  • Deepin
  • dwm
  • Enlightenment
  • Fluxbox
  • FVWM
  • GNOME
  • herbstluftwm
  • i3
  • IceWM
  • JWM
  • KDE Plasma
  • LeftWM
  • Lumina
  • LXDE
  • LXQt
  • MATE
  • Metacity
  • Openbox
  • Pantheon
  • Qtile
  • Ratpoison
  • spectrwm
  • Sugar
  • Sway
  • Tilix
  • Trinity
  • TWM
  • Unity
  • Window Maker
  • Xfce
  • Xmonad

0 voters

Poll #2: Which Linux Distro(s) Are You Running?

• 4MLinux
  • Absolute Linux
  • AlmaLinux
  • Alpine Linux
  • ALT Linux
  • Anarchy
  • antiX
  • Arch
  • ArchBang
  • Archman
  • ArcoLinux
  • Artix Linux
  • AV Linux
  • BlackArch
  • Bluestar
  • Bodhi Linux
  • BunsenLabs
  • Calculate Linux
  • CentOS
  • Debian
  • Deepin
  • Devuan
  • EasyOS
  • elementary OS
  • Elive
  • Emmabuntüs
  • EndeavourOS
  • Endless
  • Fedora Workstation
  • Fedora KDE
  • FerenOS
  • Funtoo
  • Garuda
  • GeckoLinux
  • Gentoo
  • Kali Linux
  • KaOS
  • KDE neon
  • KNOPPIX
  • Kodachi
  • Kubuntu
  • Linuxfx
  • Linux Mint
  • Lubuntu
  • LXLE
  • Mabox
  • Mageia
  • MakuluLinux
  • Manjaro
  • MX Linux
  • Netrunner
  • Nitrux
  • NixOS
  • NST
  • openmamba
  • OpenMandriva
  • openSUSE
  • PakOS
  • Parabola
  • Parrot OS
  • PCLinuxOS
  • Peppermint OS
  • Pop!_OS
  • Porteus
  • Puppy Linux
  • PureOS
  • Q4OS
  • Qubes OS
  • Raspberry Pi OS
  • RebornOS
  • Redcore
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
  • Regolith
  • Rocky Linux
  • ROSA Linux
  • Sabayon Linux
  • Salient
  • Septor
  • Slackware
  • Slax
  • Snal
  • Solus
  • SolydXK
  • SparkyLinux
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE)
  • Tails
  • Tiny Core Linux
  • Trisquel GNU/Linux
  • Ubuntu
  • Ubuntu Budgie
  • Ubuntu Kylin
  • Ubuntu MATE
  • Ubuntu Server
  • Ubuntu Studio
  • Venom
  • Void Linux
  • Voyager
  • Xubuntu
  • Zorin OS
  • . . . None of the Above (leave a comment)

0 voters

1 Like

I primarily use EndeavourOS. It is on my main desktop. That is the one I use the most. But I also have MX Linux installed on a refurbished desktop; Endeavour and Feren on a laptop; and Pop!OS installed on another laptop.

I love how Fugulta is just chilling out on this list like it’s not the only BSD in the poll.

Good catch!

You can’t change a poll after 5 minutes so I guess this is hayday for Fugulta users.

sigh… ::slow self clap::

The timer on how late a poll can be edited was extended to make adjustments to Poll #2. Apparently how Discourse handles polling edits is it just erases the polling information without warning even from post revisions.

Previous votes need to be redone on Poll #2, my apology to those who’ve already voted.

I’ve asked for the timer to be returned to 5 minutes so this doesn’t happen again to someone else.

1 Like

“None of the Above (leave a comment)”

Fedora Everything with no packages selected - custom build of XFCE from TTY.

Fedora Everything with sway and gnome.

There is no way to indicate that you are running the same distro on multiple machines.

1 Like

I pitched the idea of making the poll an annual thing so we can see how things change over time.

This was definitely a rocky 1st run and doing it again i’d do a lot of things differently including but not limited to hammering out the poll with everything first. I’ve learned a lot from this one so it’s a foundation to build on.

Recommendations for how this can be better are highly appreciated and will be brought up prior to posting next poll.

Do you have any thoughts on how that might be implemented? I’m drawing a blank on a good way to do it.

1 Like

I retook poll 2 but i guess the fedora options changed. I use the LXQt spin of Fedora

When the poll closes i’m going to make charts that include all the custom comments.

I love the idea of making this an annual poll to see how opinions change over time.

1 Like

Salient Linux was a great eye opener for me, its a Linux Gaming OS and sealed the door on M$. And it introduced me to Arch, two reasons i love that distro. I also love Debian it was the first distro that i loved back in the 90s.They take every and all Linux packages and compile them for every platform, and work all the bugs out. Yes it takes them a while, but its a huge job they take on. I am behind the top two distro winners… As to desktops, I’ve always liked the minimal ones, so XFCE is my daily driver…