Destination Linux 168: EARN IT Act is Disgusting, Ubuntu 20.04 Testing Week, Eric Adams (DLN Xtend)

4 Likes

Thanks for the show. I’ve been using Google Docs for podcast show notes for years, I’d like to take a look at Codimd. Does Codimd support the ability to grant permissions per document? In Google Docs, when I have a guest, I share that one document with them for input.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes @stephencross you can specify permissions for a single document. Instead of inviting people via email we make the specific episode doc accessible via having the link and then send the link to the guest.

It allows you to control access based on group permissions like registered, guests, etc and it also allows for read only access vs editing access.

Thanks @MichaelTunnell! I’m going to give it a try.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone, for a very informative and entertaining episode! I am glad a lot of people in tech/open source are aware of privacy issues and don’t necessarily swallow hook-line-and-sinker everything they’re given in the name of “protection”…

Very insightful, the inside info on tech used to produce the excellent podcasts that are part of the DL network!

1 Like