Authy vs. AndOTP vs. Yubico Authenticator

Hi!

I use 2FA everywhere possible. Authy has been my authenticator of choice but around a year ago I bought a Yubikey 5 NFC, so I considered to migrate to the Yubico Authenticator. What this authenticator does is, it doesn’t show the codes until you scan yuor Yubikey with your NFC reader.

Believe it or not, I never used the NFC reader until that point on my Motorola G5S Plus. To my dismay, I had to unlock the phone to be able to use it. Then I used the Yubico Authenticator with a few services. It does feel more secure in case you lose your phone, but it’s a bit of a hassle to be moving around your Yubikey and your phone to be able to scan the key and see the codes.

Recently I heard good comments about AndOTP on the podcast. It seems to be a better option than Authy given that it doesn’t send your codes to the cloud. So I’m thinking about moving all my codes from Authy to AndOTP or Yubico Authenticator.

So my question is: does anybody uses Yubico Authenticator? How is your experience with it so far? Do you have to fight with your Yubikey to see your authentication codes? Do you prefer AndOTP?

Thanks!