290: 7 Linux Gadgets You Might Not Know About Plus The Great Debian Debate of 2022

4 Likes

Michael, you are awful and you don’t like Free Software.

3 Likes

(He likes Libre Software.)

3 Likes

(He’s also pretty ok.)

3 Likes

The funny thing about the free vs libre debate from my point of view is the word “libre” means “free as in free beer” here in the Philippines so the term won’t work here. It can mean freedom but it’s very rarely used in that context.

2 Likes

I’m still catching-up on shows but seeing this reference to Debian, couldn’t resist hopping onto the relevant section – Debian Stable having been my daily driver for approaching ten years now.

I find option 3 most attractive: both versions labelled official, one labelled with additional drivers needed that are non-free, and possibly required for newer hardware (and yes, I also agree adopting Libre as a preferred term, and that this would take a long time to change).

3 Likes

The onion omega 2 is a Kickstarter from 2016.
Now selling for $20+ which is still a very good price.

2 Likes

For @MichaelTunnell the company behind the cat robot has also a more advanced… dog robot :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! As far as additional dad jokes go, there’s the old saying “less is more” and I’ve been using | less instead of | more since back in the 90s. Definitely worth trying!

1 Like