272: Behind The Scenes of Destination Linux

3 Likes

Big oof. Wish I caught this one live.

2 Likes

it was a fun episode for sure! you can watch the unedited version if you are a patron so there is that option :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone - very insightful episode! Most exciting news of the week for me would be the upcoming new Thunderbird. Really looking forward to Matrix integration. At the moment I used NeoChat most, especially with KDE Community :slight_smile:

BTW I’ve been using FreePlane, and prior to that FreeMind, which it was forked from, for over a decade. It’s looking a bit dated now, but it’s also well worth trying if interested in mindmaps for notes!

2 Likes

Great episode as always crew! I had 2 quick questions:

@dasgeek Is this the video ninja that was referenced? https://vdo.ninja

Also, @jill_linuxgirl What is the brand and model of your pink, rgb, mechanical keyboard? It looks so great and compact, but not too compact.

Thanks again folks!

1 Like

I do not know about the keyboard but yes that is the right vdo ninja that we use for DL recordings

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @MichaelTunnell !

1 Like

You’re welcome :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Ahhww, thank you so much @mxu :grinning:

Here is my pink keyboard I am using now on my broadcasting rig on Amazon:

Cheers! :joy::penguin::penguin::penguin:

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks very much @jill_linuxgirl !!! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

First, thanks a lot for the show, it’s been one of my positive things when I discovered it during pandemic.

I have a question for you : I listen sometimes that you mention show notes with links and details, but I could find it.
Maybe I’m not good at searching but a little help will enlighten my day :wink:

I would love to see the tip of this show, or the GitHub repository with Michael AI :angel:

I’ve heard legends that the MichaelAI isn’t free on GitHub because it threatened to destroy DLN by twisting it into an evil Destination Windows Network (Soon to be ClippitDigital). After an arduous battle, the iniquitous intelligence was trapped in the virtual realms by the Technomancers Three— known to us as Ryan, Jill, and Michael. They spun a penteract prison for MichaelAI and sealed it away in an Apple IIgs.

or so it goes…

4 Likes

“ClippitDigital”!!! Lol